Tuesday 2 August 2011

BAD BLOGGER

After the last time, not posting for quite some time, I promised myself I would not let so much time pass before posting here again.  Yeah right, see how that one worked out for me!
I've been so busy checking out other people's blogs, cards and coloring that I didn't do much coloring etc myself.  When I sat down to do this post, I couldn't even remember how to do a new post (yeah, I'm so ashamed) *blush*  Anyway, the reason for my sudden return is ................... I've found a challenge on Make it Colorful that I really wanted to give a go. 

The challenge is to color dark skin! PHEW!! You wouldn't believe how hard it was finding a image to color with a dark skin!!!  After much deliberation I decided on Dante's Drum by Mo Manning.  I simply love her images and its never hard to find something cute there! My only problem was finding something that I would use again.  Okay, so without to much further babbling.................

Here's Dante feeling irie!


and here's a closer look


Really had so much fun with this one.  I colored him mostly with watercolor pencils (see the smudge on the drum) and here and there used my Promarkers.

  Just goes to show I need to make more time for coloring!! LOL

3 comments:

  1. oh you should definitely colour a lot more - you have a talent brewing there, girl! Real nice work with skin!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, and the coloring turned out fabulously!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this when I saw it in the challenge, Nina, it's a fab image and coloured really well. Thanks for dropping by my blog today, lovely to see you there. CoB

    ReplyDelete